Welcome to William Carey International Development Journal and blog. Please consider signing up for our email list, subscribing to our RSS feed, or following us on Facebook and Twitter. Thanks for reading!
WCIU’s MA Program uses the curriculum some have called the “magnum opus” of Ralph D. Winter. Readings are integrated from a biblical, cultural, and historical perspective to see God’s purposes for this world. A list of foundational premises tells the story of the spiritual battle for our planet:
1. God is the Lord of History but we are locked in a cosmic struggle.
2. God reveals himself, but an evil power appears to be distorting both general and special revelation.
3. Creation at all levels was corrupted by intelligent evil. The basic plot of history is thus the progressive conquest of a distorted and darkened world.
4. God desires humans to work with Him as agents in history for His purposes.
5. On the basis of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection, God defeats evil and redeems and restores humanity and creation.
John 12:31: “Now is the time for judgment on this world; now the prince of this world will be driven out.”